Sunday, December 30, 2012

Say Thank You


Every other Christmas Eve my mom and me go to my uncle's for a family and friends party. On the way going there we we usually pick up my aunty (my mom's oldest sister.) My mom tried calling her in the morning to tell her we are gonna pick her up before going to my uncle's, but she didn't pick up so she left a message. As we left my mother tried again, no answer. Concerns raised for my mom. We ended up having to go to her condo door finding a pile of mail against the door, no answer to the door bell or knocking. The ads in the mail bundle was dating from the 12th. And last time we saw or her from her was Thanksgiving. My mom being very concerned at this point called my uncle about the situation and called 911 for help. Later on the police came knocking on the door themselves, still no answer. My mom also called her cell phone and the police officer said he heard the cellphone inside. They went on trying to find information of the manager to contact and calling their supervisor to check up the situation. When the supervisor came he said they could kick the door down, but after that we are held responsible to fix it, and knowing it was Christmas Eve he really didn't want to kick it down having us to deal with it. Later on they were able to get in contact with some emergency number, but we found out no extra keys were available since these were condos and the owners have the key(s.) The supervisor still being very on the edge about kicking the door down, they try to use the credit card trick, but they said because of a deadbolt(?) cannot get through. My aunty's place did have a balcony, so they called up the fire department for a ladder so they could scan inside the place (which is really just on big room split into a kitchen, dining room, and bed area. Later on the firetruck came and they I heard loud hellos through the other side of the door. Shortly after the police came back up and said for us to wait at the chairs near the elevator while they check inside. Few minutes later the police came back and came with bad news. She passed away laying in bed. My mom started to burst into tears, while I just sat there with a dead face can't really take in what has happened that she is no longer here. I am usually a person who tries to hold back their tears as hard as I can till if the right tick happens can make me really cry or funny enough my feelings are hurt really bad I'll cry (lol.) So after the news the police and firefighters had to collect some information for the case and the firefighters and the police that came with the supervise left. Two police officers stayed behind and said they can stay and guard the room till a mortuary picks my aunty up. Since my aunty was a very private person we didn't really know much anything personal. So she called my uncle with the update of the situation and he came down to talk to the police himself and my brother came down as well. We decided on a mortuary and then waited for them to take her away. After her body was recovered the police gave their consolidations and said we were able to go into her condo and left. Before they left we asked what her body was like, they said the air conditioning was on, but she didn't look like she was laying there for a long time. So we went into the room and it was semi messy. The kitchen had a lot of teabag wrappers. We also came to a basket full of tissue paper which looked like blood on it (but we can't really tell for sure.) She had no medication, but there was Advil near her bed. We can never be 100% sure how she passed away but she most probably closed her eyes to go to sleep and never woke up again. But it seemed like she was sick with something. She was a healthy person far as we knew, with no medical problems. She walked everyday (and that's how she got around town along with the bus if it was super long. She was 70, but she pretty much had a very stress free retirement life. Even till this moment it is hard to accept she is gone. She was my closest aunty. Knowing she won't be at the things we go together as a family. So many relatives has passed over the past few years, I am considered myself for my mom that it's too much. My grandma passed away a few years ago, then my dad passed 2 years ago, then two uncles passed this year, Everyone is passing on and I cannot really think about anymore passing on. This is pretty much shocking news to the family. And still this is very odd to me. The concept of the person never returning is very surreal to me. I didn't really cry at my dad's funeral, but almost did. But I have cried to myself realizing I will never get to do the things I wanted to do with my dad. I'm still pretty shocked myself, not sure how long it will take me to realize she won't be around anymore.


I just hope everyone has a good Christmas day weather you like Christmas or not enjoying your day. I will try enjoy my day as well baking the rest of my Christmas cookies and cook the prime rib and deliver some to my other relatives who were gonna come to the dinner that was supposed to happen today.My wish is for everyone just to take care of yourselves into the next year I am gonna try to take better care of my health as well to lose weight (like I should have been doing for the past years ^^;; ). And if something is horribly wrong please do contact someone for assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment